Scholarships for All: Garrett-Evangelical Expands Access to Financial Aid
Recognizing the changing religious landscape, decreasing outside scholarship support from denominational bodies, and the unique manifestations of God’s vocational call, Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary is expanding access to financial aid for all国产偷拍视频 students. Beginning with students admitted for Fall 2020, Garrett-Evangelical’s financial aid program will guarantee:
- All full-time master’s students a scholarship between 50% tuition to 100% tuition with stipend;
- All part-time master’s students a scholarship of at least 25% tuition;
- All doctor of ministry (DMin) students a 50% tuition and fees scholarship;
- All doctor of philosophy (PhD) students a 100% tuition scholarship.
In addition, Garrett-Evangelical is offering 15 full-tuition scholarships and 5 full tuition plus stipend scholarships to full-time students who are beginning any 国产偷拍视频master’s degree program in Fall 2020. Unlike many theological schools, there are no specific denominational affiliation or candidacy status for ordained ministry requirements to be eligible for these scholarships.
“We need theologically trained leaders in the sanctuary and on the streets, in the denominations that currently exist and the ones that are yet to be formed,” said Rev. Katie Fahey, director of admissions and recruitment. “By raising our scholarship floor and offering scholarships to all students seeking vocational ministry, I believe we are giving students license to follow their calling in new and exciting ways.”
Garrett-Evangelical also recently added LGBTQ+ Reconciliation Scholarships for applicants who have a passion for LGBTQ+ reconciliation ministries that involve working with individuals, groups, and/or societies to affirm that all persons are of sacred worth, created in the image of God, and should be fully included in church and society. Priority is given to students who identify as LGBTQ+ and/or who have demonstrated experience advocating for LGBTQ+ inclusion in the church and in society. The seminary’s named scholarships are designed with an eye toward each student’s passion and Garrett-Evangelical’s mission, and this latest addition reflects both the seminary’s commitment to LGBTQ+ inclusivity and the growing number of students pursuing ministry in and with the LGBTQ+ community.
This newest expansion of scholarship offerings builds upon Garrett-Evangelical’s efforts to address the financial hardships of pursuing a theological education:
- In 2017, Garrett-Evangelical launched its One Student. One Scholarship. program that guaranteed all admitted master’s students a scholarship of at least 25% tuition. It also launched the Fellows Programs, which gives Pan-Methodist students, Hispanic-Latinx students, and United Methodist students called to ministry as a deacon opportunities not just for scholarships but also to join a specialized cohort for fellowship, networking, and mentoring.
- Starting in 2018, all admitted PhD students are guaranteed a 100% tuition scholarship. In addition, all admitted DMin students are guaranteed a 50% tuition and fees scholarship, a rare find among schools with a DMin program.
国产偷拍视频Garrett-Evangelical also does not require a separate application for scholarship consideration. Prospective students only need to submit an application for admission to be considered for scholarships.
The application deadline for priority scholarship consideration for prospective master’s degree students is February 1st of each year. PhD applications are due by January 20th of each year. The application deadline for the next two cohorts of the DMin program are February 1, 2020, for the DMin in Community Organizing and September 15, 2020, for the DMin in Spiritual Direction.
To learn more, visit george-mckim.com/FinancialAid.